Friday, May 29, 2009

The digestive system may be broken into two parts: a long, winding, muscular tube accompanied by accessory digestive organs and glands. That open-ended tube, known as the alimentary canal or digestive tract, is composed of various organs. The walls of the alimentary canal from the esophagus through the large intestine are made up of four tissue layers. The innermost layer is the mucosa, coated with mucus. This protects the alimentary canal from chemicals and enzymes that break down food and from germs and parasites that might be in that food. Around the mucosa is the submucosa, which contains blood vessels, nerves, and lymph vessels. Wrapped around the submucosa are two layers of muscles that help move food along the canal. The outermost layer, the serosa, is moist, fibrous tissue that protects the alimentary canal and helps it move against the surrounding organs in the body.

3 comments:

  1. that is so cool it contains loads of info and i learned lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breanne, where is your posting from today's class? I am really interested in how you are going to present this. Are you doing a web page?

    I was also wondering if this post contains your language (or did you copy/paste). Next time, try to summarize into 3 or 4 big ideas.

    I knew a few bulemics when I was in university - one woman who was on my floor in residence hall and a guy who had struggled with it (that is more rare...more women than men suffer from it). I was trained to help bulemics (I had a job as a resident advisor), so I would watch for signs and then try to help or intervene if I could. It was hard to understand why they did it - none of the ones I knew were even on the heavy side and they were really outgoing people. I learned a lot.
    Mrs. K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was late one getting my post done in that day Mrs.k and no iam not doing a webpage. Most of the language in my post was from me but a little bit was kinda copying but not copy and paste. Thanks for the tips for summerizing.

    ReplyDelete